Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Christmas Card: Impression Obsession Angel

Hi, everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekends (and turkey, if you had some)!

Last night we had Christmas Card Camp over on my USTREAM channel. We worked with the Impression Obsession "Angel" stamp, which is available in my shop: Kathryn's Shop.




Here's how she turned out! I absolutely LOVED how much fun it was to create this card. The stamp is so much fun to color. You can click the photo below to make it large and see more details.






I started with a piece of white cardstock. Then I colored it with Ranger Distress Stain in the color "Scattered Straw" to make it a golden color. Next I sprayed it with a yellow Glimmer Mist so it would sparkle. After it was dry, I stamped the star background with Ranger's Big & Bossy embossing ink, and embopssed it with fine clear powder.

The clear embossing powder created a resist for the next steps. I inked the entire card with Ranger Distress Ink in "Weathered Wood" to take away the bright yellow color and cool it down. Next I covered it with Ranger Distress Ink in the "Dusty Concord" color to get the deep purple background. The stars remain yellow because of the resist affect of the clear embossing.

Next I used Ranger Archival ink in the "Coffee" color to stamp the image on cold press watercolor paper. I used Ranger Distress stains and a water brush to give her that painted look. Here are the colors I used:

Hair:
Frayed Burlap shaded with Vintage Photo

Halo, Wings, Dress Trim:
Scattered Straw shaded with Wild Honey

Dress:
Peeled Paint shaded with Forest Moss

Shoes:
Forest Moss

Skin:
Equal parts Antique Linen and Spun Sugar

Cheeks:
Tattered Rose

Lips:
Tattered Rose mixed with a little Fired Brick

Trumpet:
Scattered Straw shaded with Wild Honey and Fired Brick

After the image was painted, I cut it out and used dimensional adhesive to adhere it to the star background. I added that to a green card base that matched her dress. Once everything was glued down, I accented the image with Ranger Liquid Pearls in the "Buttercup" color and Ranger Stickles in the "Gold" color.

To see this card coming together, you can watch the USTREAM recording here: Impression Obsession Angel Card.

Christmas Card Camp is on Monday nights at 9:00 PM Eastern USA time over on my USTREAM channel: Kathryn Scraps! To convert Eastern USA time to your time zone, click here: Time Zone Converter.

Have a great (short) week!

~Kathryn :D

P.S. In the USTREAM class, we talked about the "Demon Goat" which relates to an old blog post. To read about the Demon Goat and where he came from, read this blog post: A Recent Conversation with My Sister.

2 comments:

  1. like the idea...so much info very useful to me..thanks you share it.Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, she is just so beautiful! Love the rich colors! You should be doing our challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete