Wednesday, October 3, 2012

NEW VIDEO: Dogs of Vietnam, 12"x12"

Hi, everyone!

So, I had such a hard time with my last layout, that I decided I should jump right back on the horse and keep practicing. I decided to scrap another layout last night, using photos from my sister's trip to Vietnam. I used the same Michael's paper pad from the Recollections brand (I think it's called "Today, Tomorrow, Forever").

It took me a lot less time to get this "quick" layout done than it took me to get my last "quick" layout done (although neither of them was exactly "quick" to put together). I still haven't 100% remembered how to scrapbook, so I need to keep working on these layouts until things click again! :D

Below are pictures of the completed layout. Sorry for the glare, but once this type of layout is in the page protector, it can't be removed! You'll see why in the video.




 
 
My challenge to myself with this layout was not to use any embellishments ~ just patterned paper ~ and to still create and interesting and engaging layout. Whether or not you think I met this goal, probably has a lot to do with whether or not you consider Thickers an embellishment or not! :D I suppose if I wanted to be a complete purist about it, I could have diecut my title with patterned paper or cardstock.

I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click the link to watch it over on YouTube: Dogs of Vietnam.





I hope you're enjoying your week! I'll see you tomorrow on USTREAM for the first class in the Boxed Set album series! I'll be using the Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet papers to make mine, and this is going to be super fun.

See ya!


~Kathryn :D

No comments:

Post a Comment