Monday, December 17, 2012

NEW VIDEO: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Hi, everyone & happy Monday!

On Saturday, I taught my "Boxed Set Album" at my local scrapbook store to nine lovely ladies! We had lots of fun & everyone left with a box and a book. I was super tired afterward, though, because I am not used to thinking for so many hours in a row. Hee, hee! ;D

Also this weekend, I got another layout video completed and uploaded to YouTube. This 12"x12" layout features Instagram pics of my brother and sister from his graduation party. My sister is holding a clock with the time "4:30" and he's holding an empty bottle of tequila (there were more than just the three of us at this party, I promise!). I used papers and embellishments from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy "Neapolitan" collection.

Below are some pictures of the finished layout:





I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click this link to watch it over on YouTube: It's Five O'Clock Somewhere.





Everything about this layout went more smoothly than the last one ~ from the actual creation of it to the editing flying by. That made me very happy! I feel like we may be closer to normal again. Well, as close to normal as I ever am.

You probably recognize my sister from the above photos if you've been following my recent layout videos. She and her friend Anna have been the stars and photographers of all those Southeast Asia pictures. Her friend Anna is currently serving in the Peace Corps, teaching at the Vinnytsia Khutory School in the Ukraine.

The school is poorly insulted from the weather, and it is getting cold in the Ukraine! Classes have had to be cancelled due to freezing temperatures in the class room due to rotting windows. It is getting cold in Vinnytsia Khutory! Help the volunteers get new windows to keep the kids warm by donating to the project at the Peace Corps website: Vinnytsia Khutory Project.





Small donations make a big difference! The books at Vinnytsia Khutory School are old, full of grammatical errors, and not well structured. The teachers have purchased some materials with their own money, but both teachers and students are unable to afford complete sets of new materials. By donating $16, a student can have a new textbook!



 
Here are some of the students you'd be helping with your donations:







Teachers at Vinnytsia Khutory do not have access to a computer and printer. By buying a computer, television and printer, teachers will be able to supplement their lessons with listening activities, videos and worksheets. Please help them improve the English Department with your donation!

Some people have reported difficulties with the direct link to the project on the Peace Corps website. You can also reach their project page by going to www.PeaceCorps.gov and putting the project number in the search bar: 343-367.

Have a great day, enjoy your week & thank you for your generosity!

Kathryn :D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this, Katie! My students and the teachers at Vinnytsia Khutory are so grateful and are really excited. We are getting close to our goal - we just need a little more help! Merry Christmas! Anna

    ReplyDelete