Wednesday, June 19, 2013

LAYOUT WEEK 2013, DAY THREE: 2/14, 12"x12"



We're halfway through Layout Week 2013!
I hope you're still having fun, because I have another new layout and video today!
 
This one features goodies from the Hip 2b Square Scrapbooking June 2013 Hip Kit + Add-Ons.
 
 
Here's a look at some of the supplies that Hip 2b Square sent to me to use in this video:
June 2013 Main Kit

 
For today's layout, I created this sketch which is perfect for layout with minimal patterned paper:
 


I know this sketch looks kind of like it was drawn by a drunk monkey - all I can say is that it was REALLY late at night when I got to this one.




Here are some photos of the finished layout:

I wanted this layout to have both shiny elements + food elements (because he's trying to eat those chocolate roses). I use glitter Thickers, Heidi Swapp Color Shine and Enamel Dots for shine & Lillybee "Sweet Shop" accents for the food. 



I used both Thickers and a date stamp to reinforce the fact that it was a Valentine's Day layout without getting too into the whole hearts, flowers and cupid thing.


Consider layering embellishments for added depth and texture. Here we have a twine in a button, as well as an enamel dot, layered over a piece of chipboard.


I wanted to have some food elements on the page, so I chose these strawberries from Lilybee's Sweet Shoppe collection. The little heart tucked under the chipboard banners reinforces the Valentine theme, without going overboard. 


I filmed this layout coming together for my YouTube channel. You can watch the video below, or click this link to watch it over on YouTube: 2/14.

  


 
Today's Day Three of our big Layout Week 2013 celebration, and there will be a new challenge every day! Today's challenge is to use the above sketch to create a new, never before seen layout. Once you've finished it, post it below in the linking system so we can all see and admire your work!

 
Challenge closes at 11:55 p.m. Eastern USA time on Tuesday, June 25. Prize winner will be announced on Wednesday, June 26, 2013.

 
This challenge's prize is offered by yours truly, and it is some great misting supplies:
 
That's a 12"x12" sunburst mask from Heidi Swapp, some of her mistable banners + two bottles of Color Shine!


See you tomorrow with another super fun layout, sketch and prize!
 
Kathryn :D


CHALLENGE DETAILS:
Enter the challenge by posting your take on the above sketch either as a YouTube Video Response to the above video OR by posting a link below by 11:55 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013. In order to be eligible for this challenge, you must use either the YouTube Video Response system or the linking system below.

To use the linking system below, post a photo of your project online in a PUBLIC site (on your blog, flickr, photobucket, my Ning site). Whatever site you choose must be visible to everyone who participates in the challenge.

 
The prize for this challenge is a bundle of Heidi Swapp's misting goodies.


To participate in this challenge, create a layout utilizing the above sketch. Layouts may be any size {12"x12", 8.5"x11", etc.} and can be either a one-page or two-page layout. Layouts must be complete with photos and journaling. One entry per location, per person (i.e. one video response + one blog link entry). Maximum two entries per person. Projects must be new, never before seen and created just for this challenge. If you enter twice, you must use two different projects.

I look forward to seeing what you create!

~Kathryn :D


Please follow these directions CAREFULLY as it affects your eligibility to win a prize:

1. Click the blue "Add your link" button below.

2. Enter the link to your project in the URL field.

3. Enter your first name AND last name in the "Name" field. Be sure to enter BOTH your first AND last names.

4. Enter your email address and only your email address in the "Email" field. Double check to make sure your email address is spelled correctly.

 
Here is an example of correct submission:


Name: Kathryn E. Krieger


 
IMPORTANT: Please check back in 24 hours to ensure your name and project are still there. Entries that are not completed correctly will be deleted and you WILL NOT be notified if they are removed.

 
Link Party Entries:

3 comments:

  1. I love my "ray" layout that I did with you. You know, the one you cut out. I think I told you I made a "grandpa and me" fishing photo with papers that looked like the sea and sand. My crop friends loved it and last month I taught them how to do one. Thank you again for all the inspiration. I've completed the first layout with orange and turquoise for my granddaughters' photos. So cute! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so fun that you shared with your crop friends how to do the sunburst! This one is fun to do, too, and the set-up makes it so that the rays are always centered on the 4"x6" photo.

      Delete
  2. Aww love this technique. I actually just finished the sketch challenge but was late to,submitt.kathryn I really loved your tutorial and used it to make my own mask and all. Here is my layout. Just wanted to share! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529896043713886&set=a.241956355841191.51857.221091494594344&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete