Monday, February 17, 2014

NEW VIDEO: I Heart My Super Geek!

 
 
Happy Presidents' Day! I hope you all have something really fun planned for the holiday. It's always nice to have an extra day off from work. :)




Over the weekend, I printed some more photos and got to enjoy a little bit of play time with my new Bo Bunny "Modern Miss" collection. After editing the Simple Stories "Homespun" Recipe Class videos all day Saturday, it was nice to unwind with some crafty time.
 

 

I Heart My Super Geek

I used Bo Bunny's Modern Miss collection to scrap this photo of Mr. Lifeguard wearing one of his new favorite geek shirts. This one is a Dr. Who shirt and he got mad compliments on it from the staff at Knott's Berry Farm. Maybe they have Dr. Who staff get-togethers at Knott's?
 

I used Bo Bunny's Modern Miss collection on this layout: http://goo.gl/vsNk6Z


I found this awesome twine from Hemptique that comes several thicknesses on one card. I love that is had a nice, thick twine that really filled the holes on these chipboard buttons.

Hemptique Twine: http://goo.gl/5n19Xg


Paper clips are always the perfect touch for a school or office themed embellishments. I added Tim Holtz Idea-ology mini paper clips to the corner of this Bo Bunny 6"x6" card.

The heart garland on this card was the inspiration for the page's major embellishment.


I layered a chipboard star of a pair of chipboard glasses - both from the 12"x12" Modern Miss chipboard sheet. The star fits in with the "Super Geek" idea and the glasses are just adorable. The fact that we were at an amusement park is reinforced by the ticket stub.

Love the geeky glasses layered over the admission ticket and viewmaster!


The title is one of my favorite parts of this layout. I love how substituting the hearts for the word love gives it an excited, fun look!

Plenty of Hearts Stamp + Die Set at Simon Says Stamp: http://goo.gl/BkQxfY

 
 

Watch it Come Together

I filmed a video of this layout coming together, which you can watch below or click here to watch on my YouTube channel: I Heart My Super Geek.
 

 
 
Thanks so much for watching & have a GREAT week!
 
Kathryn :D

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture, love your journaling and the layout is fabulous!!

    Sheila Randel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila! It was such a funny picture, I had to scrap it!

      Delete
  2. Fun layout! I really like the dimension of the chippy letters. And, the spacing/arrangement is right on point -fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the letters and hearts turned out on the banner, too, Shelly! It's one of my favorite things about the layout. Thanks so much for watching and commenting!

      Delete